Wedding Planner vs Wedding Coordinator : What is the difference?
Updated: Jan 6, 2022
The work of the wedding planner and wedding coordinator has become popular in recent years and it is increasingly common to hire one for the big event. If you decided to do a destination wedding, it is essential that you know what the functions of both are.
In both cases, it is a specialized professional in the events sector whose function will be to advise the bride and groom to design their wedding, directing the bride and groom to the appropriate suppliers, drawing up a work plan according to the chosen wedding style that allows saving time and stress to the bride and groom systematically planning the preparations, elements and details to take into account so that nothing fails and everything is perfect.
Therefore, guide and help the bride and groom during the preparations without neglecting a single detail, adjusting to the budget as much as possible.
The work of wedding planners focuses on organizing logistics, from vendor referrals and contract negotiation to day-of execution of your visión.
Some planners also provide design or styling services, helping with the creative specifics of your wedding day.
- Provides vendor referrals and negotiates contracts; schedules and attends all vendor meetings.
- Creates detailed timelines and floor plans.
- Helps determine and manage your budget.
- Attends site tours and menu tastings.
- Brainstorms style ideas and coordinates design details.
- Coordinates hotel room blocks and transportation.
- Manages the rehearsal.
- Oversees everything on the wedding day (makes sure everyone adheres to the timeline, handles snafus, manages vendors, and executes your vision on-site).
In addition to this, the job of the wedding planner is also to attend the wedding to supervise everything and make sure everything goes according to plan.
How to know if you need to hire a Wedding Planner
Although anyone can have a wedding planner for their wedding, there are certain circumstances in which it is more necessary to hire these services.
- You and your partner work full time and hardly have time to meet suppliers.
- The wedding will take place in a destination.
- In your head you have the idea of how you want your dream wedding to be but you don't know how to carry it out.
A wedding coordinator is logistically focused but on a shorter timeline than a planner. They usually begin helping you prepare a month before the wedding and function as the point person on the wedding day. They will confirm vendor contracts and create a day-of timeline, as well as make sure things like payments and guest counts are in order, but won't be involved in the earlier planning phases or keeping track of your budget.
Coordinators make sure everything you've done up until they take over is in good shape.
- Meets with you four to eight weeks before the wedding to get a handle on what you've planned thus far.
- Checks in with your vendors to review the signed contracts and confirm logistics.
- detailed timelines and floor plans.
- Completes a final walk-through of the ceremony and reception sites.
- Addresses any overlooked details (such as forgetting to hire a coat check attendant).
- Manages the rehearsal.
- Oversees everything on the wedding day.
How to know if you need to hire a Wedding Coordinator
- You want to play an active role in planning your wedding but would like someone to take care of the last-minute details and make sure you haven't missed anything.
- You're extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You don't have the budget for a full-service wedding planner.
The most important thing is that you have good communication with your wedding planner or wedding coordinator, let her know all your doubts and trust him or her, remember that they are experts and will help you in the best way.
Stop worrying about your wedding music, leave that to the experts. We are the best Dj option in Punta Cana.
Contact us and learn about our services.
Visit our page https://www.gcstarpuntacana.com/
Check our reviews https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/gcstar-punta-cana-punta-cana/6d85794ec43a5fef.html
Book now! firstname.lastname@example.org
By Veronica Rodriguez